Junior students will be assigned either Ms. Tran or Mr. Tarducci as their Junior counselor. The counselor they are assigned to will continue to work with the student in their Senior year. Students will meet with their counselor for their Junior Interview in the Spring.


Juniors should being to prepare for the following:


  • Research college and universities
  • Research college majors/areas of study
  • We recommend that students take the SAT/ACT test at least twice in their Junior year
  • Letters of Recommendations for should be requested in May/June of the this year (students must ask the teachers in person and complete the request on Naviance)
  • Visit colleges/universities/vocational skills 



Testing Information


Test dates are online at the test specific sites:




Test preparation:



Testing Questions & Answers:

QWhat is a general timeline for standardized testing?

A: PSAT/NMSQT is taken in October of the junior year although; many sophomores elect to take the PSAT too.  The SAT and/or ACT is taken in the winter of the junior year and fall of the senior year.  The Subject tests are generally taken as close to the completion of the specific course as possible.  AP tests are taken in May of the year in which the appropriate course work is completed.

QHow do I register for the SAT Reasoning and/or Subject tests?

A: College Board prefers that students register online at www.collegeboard.org.   Students can also obtain registration forms in the Conestoga Student Services Center, complete the forms, and mail them with fees to the address indicated.

QWhat is the difference between ACT and SAT?

A: The SAT focuses on 2 content areas: reading/writing and math. The math will focus more on advanced algebra, interpretation of data, some geometry, arithmetic and trigonometry. Also, the essay will be optional and not factored into the Reading/Writing score. The ACT is made up of 4 sections: English, math, reading, and science, plus an optional essay.  The math content focuses on geometry, algebra, arithmetic, and trigonometry. 

QHow do I send my SAT/ACT scores to a college/university?

A: When you register for the SAT/ACT, you can request that your scores be automatically sent to colleges that you select.  If you want to see your scores before you decide whether or not to send them, you may make an online request later for the scores to be sent.  An additional fee will be charged.


NCAA Eligibility Center

Students who want to play Division I or Division II sports must register with the NCAA Clearinghouse.  Student-athletes should register during their junior or senior year.  Click here for a comprehensive NCAA Eligibility Center Quick Reference Guide.


Steps to Eligibility

1.    Register online at NCAA Eligibility Center.


  •  To enter the Eligibility Center go to www.ncaa.org – click Student-Athletes – click NCAA Eligibility Center – click box that says “Student-Athletes Enter Here”.
  • To begin registration process click ‘new Account’ in upper right corner and follow steps.


2.    Register for the SAT/ACT or both and use the Eligibility Center code (9999) as a score recipient.

3.    Sign the NCAA Transcript Release Form.  Return it to your counselor. 


This requires a parent signature!

*We recommend requesting your transcript in September of your senior year.  NCAA requires the official high school transcript through junior year.  If you need to request your transcript early, please speak directly to your counselor or the school Registrar